God is good, yet we are all fallen and in need of His holiness. It is because of His goodness, love, grace, and mercy that He has restored us into right relationship with Him through Jesus being born of a virgin, living a perfect life, dying a sinner's death, and then rising into new hope, seated at the right hand of the Father and coming again! We can all, young and old, anywhere and everywhere, receive God’s gift when we repent and by faith put our trust in Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
“For it is by grace you have been saved-through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift of God-- not by works so that no man can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)
We share this hope, joy and love with others in our CCS walls as well as throughout the community by serving, encouraging, and evangelizing. Every month students have specific ways in which they can share God’s love with others. Some examples of past service projects are:
- Journey Bags: Providing bibles and clothing for foster care children.
- Power House: Cleaning the facility, a ministry for children in the New Haven area that provides a safe, drug free place to do homework, relax with friends, and participate in special classes.
- Operation Christmas Child: This ministry sends Christmas boxes all over the globe to give children the opportunity to receive a physical gift as well as the gift of the gospel message. Each class stocks a box with a toy, toothbrush, washcloth, soap, pencil, paper, crayons, etc.
- Central Ministries Living Nativity: This is another evangelizing opportunity for the students to participate in a live nativity scene.
- Hope Center: Students collect their change and fill baby bottles for mom’s and dad’s in need at the Hope Center.
- Central Ministries Encouragement: It is important for us to encourage one another in Christ. Students write encouraging letters to various ministries here at Central Ministries
These are just a few of the opportunities provided that allows each CCS student to serve others. It is important to us that the students live out their salvation by allowing God to work through them in love, patience, and grace!